If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.

~ Lewis Caroll

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Going to the Chapel . . .

It's November; I can't belive October has already flown by! It has been quite the busy Fall season, and I do believe it's getting busier. In my previous posts, I lamented my Halloween plans (or lack thereof). Fortunately for me, Las Vegas was the answer! Matthew and I rushed to get our costumes, boarded a plane, and spent four fabulous days in the fabulous Sin City. It turns out that Halloween wasn't all we'd be celebrating.

I have never seen the Bellagio fountain lights show at night, so it was on my to-do list for the trip. We made reservations at Olives which has a beautiful terrace overlooking the water with front row views of the fountain show. The host led us to a table by the terrace rail (how lucky, I thought!). Little did I know that it was all prearranged. We perused the menu, but our waiter seemed to have dissapeared (and I was hungry!). The fountains came on again and Matthew got down on one knee and popped THE question! I don't really remember all the details since I went into shock. I was truly surprised! But it was beautiful! The funny thing was that the music that plays during the fountains is Frank Sinatra or something romantic; however, for Matthew's proposal Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA was being belted in the background. It still makes me giggle. Needless to say, I was no longer hungry. We finished our drinks and appetizers and left the Bellagio to celebrate! (On a side note, the steak I had planned to order sounded amazing, so we'll definitley be back.)

Halloween turned out to be interesting. Clubs in Las Vegas aren't nearly as stylish and exclusive as they appear on E!, but it was definitely an experience. Our costumes were great--I'll have to post one of Deputy Dangle from Reno 911 (a.k.a. Matt Duncan). I was a disco fairy (my dress lit up with fiber optics). All in all, not a bad night, but I'll stick to my Irish pubs!

Now I dread the planning. I know it will be fun once I get started, but picking all the initial stuff like dates, locations, colors, etc. is exhausting, and I haven't really even started! My vote is to head back to Vegas in a few months and finish what we started! Of course, all are welcome to join us! I guess I'll just keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment