If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.

~ Lewis Caroll

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tis the Season to be Thankful

I think I've finally recovered from my Thanksgiving weekend. It was unusually busy and hectic for me. This Thanksgiving was extra special . . . I celebrated with my soon to be in-laws in addition to my usual family festivities. I'm so thankful that I have such a large family now! In years past, I've spent the holidays with just my mom. Those are some of the best memories I have; however, I've always hoped for a big family of my own. The noise, chaos, and fun that go along with a "Griswold" style holiday is something that I've always prayed to have. Now I believe I got my wish. Robert, the greatest step-father in the world, has been a part of our family traditions for a few years now, and I'm so happy to have him. My step-brother and his wife gave me a niece eighteen months ago. And now I have a fiance and future in-laws to include in the mix. I dream of the day when we own our own beautiful, old (but remodeled) home with room for the entire family. I'll invite everyone up for a long Thanksgiving weekend. Football out in the yard, cooking good smelling food all day, and sipping cocktails by the fire chatting about our lives . . . that's what Thanksgiving and the holidays are all about. Remember who and what you have in your life and be thankful. It could all be gone in an instant.



On a lighter note, my apartment is getting more and more festive! Matthew says it's "too Christmasy," but I don't think that can be possible. My little tree is precious, and I even have stockings for Santa to fill (but not too much, since he'll visit me again in Jacksonville). We even have lights outside. I wanted pretty twinkly lights, but Matthew requested the old-fashioned tacky giant colored bulbs, circa 1982. They, in their special way, are fabulous, too. I'm goingt to spruce it up out there a bit and enter our patio in the apartment complex decoration contest. Can't wait to win!

In a couple of weeks, I'll be continuing one of my favorite holiday traditions--seeing the Nutcracker ballet. Momma is coming to visit and we'll be doing it together, like always. The Nashville Ballet and Nashville Symphony are performing the classic, and I know it will be beautiful and inspiring as always. We'll also be going to look at wedding dresses, so hopefully I'll have that to blog about later!

Happy Holidays to All!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you've dressed your blog up! I left the picture I took of you and Grace at Thanksgiving off my Thanksgiving post for a reason... I wanted to tell everyone that she's going to be a flower girl later this week! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete