If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.

~ Lewis Caroll

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Luck of the Draw

Upon reflection of yesterday's post, I daydreamed about winning the Tennessee Lottery.

I'm not biased towards the Tennessee Lottery over other state lottos, I just figure that my odds are better since I live here. However, I'm so close to Georgia and Kentucky that I could invest in both of those and exponentially increase my chances. But if my TN numbers hit on the KY lottery, I'd be devastated, or I could just play the same numbers in all three states, but I digress.

I've watched in awe and horror as those A&E channel documentaries reveal the evil that befalls lottery winners. How could these lucky average joes let that money ruin their lives. Easily, I suppose. Even the rich who work for their money get a touch of the curse. Just look at Nicholas Cage.

I think it's all about Karma; you just can't get a gift like that and not expect to return the favor somehow. It can't be all bling-bling and poppin' Cristal (apparently wealth equals instant hip-hop status). There has to be a balance of normalcy with excess. I do believe I have the smarts and determination to be a lottery success story!

This is my "to-do" list in no particular order, since this order doesn't really make sense:

1. Pay our (yes, I will share with my husband-to-be) parents' mortgages
2. Pay off all our debt
3. Choose a place to live and buy a home (just one home to start, I can't live two places at once anyway, and I like being pampered by hotel staff)
4. Get my Ph.D. (I can donate and get into any program I want)
5. Use my Ph.D., for a while, just because I can
6. Take a Meditteranean cruise for our honeymoon
7. Get married in Las Vegas with all our family and friends, not just Elvis
8. Retain a trusted money manager
9. Give to well-deserving and carefully selected charities
10. Take exclusive cooking classes in Paris
11. Visit NYC and stand in the Today show's plaza until Matt and Meredith come talk to me (Ann and Al, too)

I think that's a pretty good start to spending my new found fortune. I'm easily entertained and am a pretty uncomplicated person. My needs are few.

Oh, I purposely left off "shoe buying" as that's a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment