If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.

~ Lewis Caroll

Monday, January 4, 2010

The new year is here. Welcome.

Happy 2010. It started out with the best of intentions on the last night of 2009, but quickly 2010 decided to kick us in the ass. I won't dwell on the negative, but simply state that 2010 can only get better!

I have high hopes for this year. I have accomplished many things since 2000; this first decade of adulthood has flown by, and I have learned so many lessons (some the easy way, but most the hard way). I have many things left unaccomplished, but that's irrelevant in the new year. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my jobs, and my life. I have all of those things, so I must be doing something right.

In honor of being a grown up (hehe) for 10 years, I present my 10 resolutions for 2010:

1. Decide what I want to be when I grow up. (possibly continue in the teaching field full-time?
possibly become a famous author? possibly revert to waiting tables until my true calling
comes along?)

2. Join Facebook and the 21st century. (I can scratch this one off my list, but if Myspace
becomes cool again, I'm gonna be pissed)

3. Pay off all of my credit card debt before I get married in August. (Matthew, if you read this
please don't roll your eyes)

4. Be the best fiance and new wife ever! (or at least the best Matthew will ever have)

5. Accept all the things I cannot change. (then bitch about them in my blog)

6. Give more of myself to my friends because they give so much of themselves to me.

7. Run a half marathon without stopping. (you should always have an expendable resolution--
this may be that one)

8. Make all the other new husbands on my honeymoon wish they had married me. (a.k.a.
accomplish my fitness goals before August 7)

9. Read the original translation of Dante's Inferno on my Kindle.

10. Successfully teach all of my students subject-verb agreement (this may also be an
expendable resolution based on previous experience)

Bonus Resolution: Find out what the hell is going on on that Lost island! (this can take the place
of either #7 or #10)

For those of you who like being spontaneous, lazy, or just think resolutions are stupid, you need to check out http://moninavelarde.com/newyears/.

Happy New Year Everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I think you already have no.8 and after 32 years of trying, I wish you luck with 10. Hope 2010 continues to get better and better for you!

    ReplyDelete