If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.

~ Lewis Caroll

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Couch Potato Season

Ahh...the fall tv season is upon us. As busy as my life is, it's so nice to have something simple to look forward to each evening. Television is also great for the multitasker like myself; I prepare for class, check email, cook dinner, etc., all while tuning in to my stories (that's what my granny called her soaps, her stories). And they are wonderful stories that keep me mindlessly entertained until bedtime.

I don't just watch anything that's on tv, however. My weekly schedule is quite specific and each show has special place in the hierarchy of dvr series recordings. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my essential show days. NCIS comes in first, and season seven is off to a great start! They've hooked me again after a not-so-hot season six. Tony and Ziva may finally come to grips with their feelings for each other. Gibbs is still kick-ass, and of course the rest of the cast is still awesome. The new NCIS-Los Angeles hasn't gotten my dedication, but I'll give them a couple of weeks to get in the groove before I veto it. Then Thursdays is my Bones night. I heart David Boreanaz (a.k.a. Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and love the rest of the cast as well. Good things are coming, I just know it.

Besides the above mentioned shows, which are cannot miss, I have a few others that I am faithful too as long as I can record them:

Psych
House
Chuck (unfortunately not on again until after the winter olympics, boo that)
Leverage (also on hiatus)
The Mentalist (a serious knock-off of Psych, but still a good show)
True Blood (not as good as the books, but quite entertaining)

There are some other shows I get excited about that are Matthew's dvr picks, and these are worth mentioning:

Fringe (on after Bones and really good)
Eureka
Lie to Me
How I Met Your Mother
Two and a Half Men
Entourage

Everyone has their favorite shows and guilty pleasures, but this lineup is about all I can handle. I have to squeeze in all my books as well. If you haven't checked out any of these shows, you should give them a try. A little escape is good for the soul, and good tv (or even crappy reality tv) can provide just such an escape.

*disclaimer: television should be used in moderation. don't forget to read and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment