If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.

~ Lewis Caroll

Thursday, September 10, 2009

WHAT'S UP WITH OUR GOVERNMENT?

I condsider myself to be a "good American." I support the President, the House, and the Senate . . . even when I disagree with their political views and goals. I understand the importance of being a united country even though most Americans would rather complain about things they have no knowledge of. Yet, I am now questioning my loyalty to our military. I support the troops, but what about those who manage the troops. The people "behind the scenes," I suppose.

My boyfriend was set to leave for OCS (Officer Candidacy School) in October. This has been in the works for several months. All the paperwork was filed, his physicals were done, and we've been waiting for the official word. We assumed it was a done deal. I was even looking forward to the excitement and challenges of this new military life. Until today.

Apparently they misfiled some of his paperwork. Remember that this paperwork has been completed for over a month. They didn't get it thru on time. Seriously! The military has people just to deal with paperwork! I'm so outraged and confused . . . if I can't count on the military to file paperwork correctly, how can I depend on them to protect my country and the men (and women) out there depending on them! No wonder people are dissatisfied with government in this country. It makes me want to move to England. I bet the queen doesn't f-up paperwork.

As a closing note: he is now scheduled to leave in January. Officially we're supposed to know something the first of October. Fingers crossed! Hopefully the fax machine won't be down between now and then (sarcasm there).

1 comment:

  1. OMG-r u kidding me?
    I want you to be like Julie Powell and really drop the F bomb next time:)

    ReplyDelete