If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.

~ Lewis Caroll

Monday, September 21, 2009

Yumm-O

While spending the last few hours with my houseguests (and good friends, of course) yesterday, we drove past what we thought may be an ice cream shop. After some sightseeing we drove back to the shop, ignoring the protests from the backseat. Leaving the boys in the car, Crystal and I went in to explore Nashville's Tasti D-Lite.

It was awesome. I have to admit that I do not generally get excited about ice cream. I'm just not much of a dessert person; I'm really a meat girl. However, this place hooked me. They happily give you a sample of whatever flavors are "regular" this week, and they'll gladly explain all of the custom flavors to you in detail. There are over 100 possible tasty flavors!

It's soft serve and delicious. I ordered the Banana Fudge. Wow. Crystal ordered the Peanut Butter Dream. Double wow.

They should have a club like bars do for beer drinkers. Once you try 100 flavors you get a free cup or your picture on the wall or a t-shirt. Maybe I'll get Crystal to co-write a letter to the Tasti D-Lite president.

Oh, and the best part! Everything is 100 calories or less! It's actually good for you! I was floored when I saw the menu organized in flavors by calorie count.

I believe Tasti D-Lite originated in NYC. Crystal texted me last night to tell me that Charlotte (SATC) had some Tasti D on last night's rerun. If it's good enough for the SATC girls, it's good enough for me. Nashville has some fabulous eateries (which I'll probably blog about) and this is one of them. Find your local franchise and help yourself to the samples until you find that just-right flavor.

www.tastidlite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment